Monday, October 1, 2007

THING 19

Web 2.0 awards offered a lot of great sites to look at. It's amazing all the things on the internet that are available free to use. No wonder the kids spend so much time with all this. You can really get carried away. I took a closer look at widgets on http://www.yourminis.com/ which was the winning widget site. I was able to add a game widget to my blog. I had some trouble doing this to blogger, but was able to copy the code and add it that way. I'm not sure why I wasn't able to log in to Blogger to do it, but the copying code was just as simple. I'm not sure if you can change any elements, such as size, to the widget. I can see these Web 2.0 sites being of great application to the library, as they are the best of the best and librarians should be able to direct customers easily to these sites. The directions seem quite clear and simple and customers should have no trouble following through with this on their own, but having a list of such great sites all in one place is a big help to librarians.

No comments: