Tuesday, October 2, 2007

THING 22

I have minimal exposure with downloadable books and was interested to search these sites. I know some of the technologies haven't always been the easiest for customers to access, but it is an exciting new way for readers to be connected to books and librarians should be aware of these sites and any developing trends.
Project Gutenberg has always fascinated me. I think it is an amazing achievement that this organization has made available. I haven't visitied the site for a while and was pleased to see that there is now so much more for customers. Such links as the 100 most downloaded books and authors and best of cds and books are interesting readers' advisory tools. I was really interested to see the digitized sheet music option. This is a frequent request and can be really helpful to customers needing immediate music. This is an excellent site to bookmark and utilize for public librarians.

No comments: