Monday, October 1, 2007

THING 21

Podcasts was an interesting challenge. After learning what they were all about from the tutorial, I first checked out http://www.podcast.net/. I had trouble finding anything of interest to me. I went into the local/regional genre and nothing really appealed to me. I checked out a couple of other genres, but it all looked very specific. This reminds me of the old cable access channels where any joker could get on with a show about anything. If you're not looking for anything specific it seems like a wasteland. I then tried http://www.podcastalley.com/ and that seemed better. One interesting feature they had was the "most viewed" and the "newest" podcasts. They also posted recommended podcasts. I found an interesting podcast called The Hollywood Saloon and was able to add it to my RSS feeds at Bloglines. I can see how libraries can make use of this technology, particularly when it comes to children's programming and reaching out to those who are unable to physically visit the building.

No comments: