Friday, September 28, 2007

THING 10

So I had a lot of fun playing with the different generators. I started at The Generator Blog, which seemed like a very comprehensive site. I can really see use for generators in library programming with children and young adults. For example you could use the pirate name generator when hosting any pirate themed program. The librarian could generate names ahead of time or utilize the computer if available during the program. I think these generators are also great to direct young people to when they ask for some good places to go on the computer. I had to tear myself away, so I'm sure they could waste quite a bit of time playing with these fun tools.

As far as the avatar -- not so successful. I did create one at dookyweb.com, but couldn't figure out how to save/copy and transfer. I went to several other sites, but was put off by the need for registration.

No comments: