Friday, September 28, 2007

THING 11

I actually had heard about Library Thing a few months ago. I think this is an awesome tool for librarians. One thing that has always been recommended to librarians who do readers advisory is that he/she keep a journal. I really tried to do that the old-fashioned way, but found it hard to maintain. I would utilize Library Thing as a readers' advisory tool as a quick way to find similar books or refresh my memory about a certain book, or even when a book's title and author has escaped my memory. I find the tag cloud and author cloud to be excellent resources for me in my personal reading, even though the tag cloud will probably be more useful when more titles are added to my library. I think this is such a great idea, I could even see upgrading and paying for the unlimited usage!

http://www.librarything.com/catalog.php

No comments: